- Booking Infomation
About Our Patrons
- Patrons for Daejeon Arts Center was set up in April 2, 2004 with the opening of the Daejeon Arts Center in October 2003.
Prior to the official establishment of the patronage group, a general assembly for the establishment of patrons was held with the active pledge of participation from over 120 members from every walks of life ranging from chairmans of universities and academic heads of departments, head of the Daeduk Research Center, regional business men, to representatives from legal and medical sectors of Daejeon.
The Patrons made its first appearance with the purpose of promoting and contributing to regional development of culture and art.
Since its establishment, the patrons have been actively involved in jointly-sponsored projects with political groups, supporting young householders and the socially-marginalized.
In the meantime, they have also taken part in investing in new, promising artists and musicians of the region, and competition for audience comments and recommendations.
Re-emerging as a legal enterprise in September 2008, the patrons have been dedicated to the Messenah movement that takes interest in transferring more profits from the private sector to public projects and more balanced nurturing of cultural and artistic projects in the region.
The patrons will in the near future concentrate more on enhancing the branded value of the center, invest increasingly on cultural and artistic projects as well as encouraging more involvement on the part of its members for the betterment of the center to enable it to play a more central role in the international world of culture and art.
- As part of the Mecenat movement, the main purpose is to help the culturally-displaced to gain more cultural and artistic access, to find and nurture promising young artists and musicians, and to widen the scope of participation of the audience through competition events and to implement projects to contribute to regional development of culture and art in general.
What We Do
- Sponsor 'Classical music to open your morning' performances
- Hold competition events for teenagers for audience response and feedback
- Provide more opportunities for the culturally-deprived to come into contact with and enjoy culture and art
- Hold commemorative events for Children's Day
(such as inviting young householders to enjoy performance)
- Support Mecenat projects such as inviting domestic and international performance companies
- Support membership concerts
- Encourage more corporate participation and sponsorship for our major festivals, 「Spring Festival」, 「Grand Festival」